"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Back to School 2017-2018 Year

As you may or may not have noticed, I took a hiatus from blogging. I had a lot going on this summer in several key areas of my life, so blogging took a backseat.

We had a suspected mutation of whooping cough sweep through our family which meant we haven't had one single day since MAY when everyone has been completely well! I think it's almost through all of us--Paul is the single hold-out and we are praying it never knocks him down. Our family Doctor says they have seen a lot of it in their office and they don't have an exact diagnosis, but the best guess is a mutation of whooping cough. It lasts around 2 to 2.5 months and antibiotics don't seem to touch it. So needless to say, someone has been sick non-stop this entire time since it lasts so long. I have certainly been sicker in my life, but it zaps your energy and just leaves you feeling crummy. Katya was the first to come down with it and it really did a number on her. And then about the time she was ALMOST better, it jumped to Charity and me, then to Chad, then Todd and then Kristina.

Katya started back to school this week. She was excited!

 She picked out her T. It says, "Limited Edition" which we thought was soo perfect and appropriate, because that is what our girlie is!

Charity was off to Japan again with her Chamber Orchestra for 13 days, and with all the sickness we had, I didn't get a new skirt sewn for her, but she had a lovely denim one Charity had made that was still fairly new so we paired the T with that and then her new socks and shoes.



The first day was rather rough, but after that, she has had "perfect score" days! She really is enjoying school and I expect this year to be a year of great progress for her in many domains.

4 comments:

Milena said...

Oh! Whooping cough is really hard. I'm sorry that it went through your whole family like that! Such a miserable summer :-(
But I am happy to hear about Katya's promising first days of school!

obat katarak said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
obat tumor ganas said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
qnc jelly gamat said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.