A few quick facts about 2016
* I tore my rotator cuff in Jan and spent several weeks in agony and holding still, trying to heal without surgery. Thankfully, that paid off and I'm now healthy and whole again and ALMOST "as good as new" finally. All of this was only able to be accomplished with a LOT of help and support from my family!
* Katya had the healthiest year she has ever had with us! YAY!!
* Charity and Kristina found seasonal work at a pumpkin farm in the fall.
* Charity traveled to England AND Japan.
* Chad was able to travel for a week with his Dad on a job and very much enjoyed his trip to Texas, with a stop in OK to see relatives there briefly.
* Katya has continued to expand her world, getting braver about various things. She has welcomed our guinea pigs into heart and enjoys even letting them nibble and sniff at her fingers now!
* We went through some hard things in 2016. The "purging process" of finding out who is a true friend and what are safe groups, when you have a child with a high level of special needs, continues. However, with the purging process, we have also been blessed to find some new and healthy options for our family. Good people are out there--they just have to be found and the process to find them can be long.
* The same good Father who helped us get Katya home continues to be our God and Father. No matter what happens, He is good and faithful! And that makes us happy, and thankful.
What does 2017 hold for our family? We are not entirely sure. What is sure is that there is likely to be a handful of change ahead. We have two adult children who are moving forward with their lives, and that looks to be bringing changes. Our other children are getting older and things are changing. We really no longer have "little children". Even Katya is now enjoying her last year before she becomes a TEEN (gasp!). Paul and I continue to pray about what God has in store for our family. We'd appreciate your prayers if you think of it too. ;-)
Happy, Happy New Year to you!