"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Communication

The other day Katya came home from school and we went to offer her a snack of jelly bread. She began to fuss heavily. It was obvious she did NOT want jelly bread! "Katya, I hear you don't want jelly bread! Get your 'talker' and tell us what you DO want for a snack!"

She knew what she wanted for a snack!



You want crackers and [goat's] cheese? Indeed you shall have that, child!!

Little by little, a little more communication is coming.

We are very, very thankful for that!!

Katya loves to tease. The other night I was tucking her and Kristina in and went to leave the room. "Good night, girls!" I said. Katya immediately faked giant snores. It is hard to believe such giant snores can come from such a petite miss! I began to laugh and said, "Oh no, Kristina! Katya beat you going to sleep!" Katya began to giggle and giggle. I asked her if she had been trying to tease me and she giggled even harder.


Thankful for this kiddo and her siblings every day!!!

3 comments:

Milena said...

It is really great that she is now able to communicate her wants and needs in a clearer way! And I just love that she jokes too!

Laura Elizabeth said...

Awww, that is so sweet!
(crackers and cheese is what I'd have chosen as well; good choice, Katya!)
I hope your family has a wonderful, stress free Thanksgiving.

SRUN POR said...

The post is really great and it is very nice to read and getting information.
โกลเด้นสล็อต
สูตรบาคาร่า
บาคาร่าออนไลน์