"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Thursday, November 26, 2015

Adult Coloring Books

While we were doing our "extended stay" at Johns Hopkins Hospital, a friend of Charity's kindly sent her a care package that contained among other things, some adult coloring books.

I had been thinking that I would enjoy something like that to do with my hands and after sneaking a peek at one of the books that Charity was gifted with, decided that adult coloring would suit me very nicely, thank you!

Well, I found it as enjoyable as I thought I might. The coloring seemed to have a calming effect for both Charity and myself.  And although I have not found time to do much with it since getting back home, Charity has continued to enjoy it, and Kristina has picked it up as well.

Interestingly enough, Katya has reverted back to coloring with precision after observing us coloring--and she had gotten to the point that it seemed she was done with coloring except for a random scribble on each page in her coloring book! So we are pretty happy about the return to careful coloring!

I especially enjoy Johanna Bashford's book, "The Secret Garden". The detailed pages of garden scenes draw me in and allow me to create a beautiful, colorful world. And the title harkens me back to my childhood love of "The Secret Garden". I loved that book so much as a child, and am still quite fond of it as an adult, truth be told!




What are you favorite adult coloring books?! What do you own and enjoy and what would you like to try? Leave a comment and let me know!

3 comments:

Hevel Cohen said...

Our favourites are Daria Song's two colouring books: The Time Garden and The Time Chamber. We also have Secret Garden and another one from the same artist, plus the Secret Garden postcard edition, one Christmas colouring book (we got it for Kevin's mom, and she keeps it here and lets the kids colour in it), and one Hungarian folk art based book.

Ruby said...

my favorite for mindful relaxation are the mandala coloring books. i have several books, and if you like garden designs you might like ARt Nouveau Animal Designs by Creative Haven. I got it on Amizon and if i remember correctly it was only a few dollars.

penny_mania said...

I love adult coloring books! I usually only get the free ones that I can find on Amazon or by Googling "adult coloring page, free". Sometimes I use crayons, but I really like to use colored pencils. I find it very relaxing.