"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Friday, April 10, 2015

So Exciting!

Wow! As if last week's great news about Katya's musical progress was not exciting enough, we got another wonderful report after her lesson yesterday! I figured she had done really well because she came home so absolutely thrilled afterwards. Just look at what her teacher reported!

*********************************************
HI Hope Anne, Had a wonderful lesson with Katya today. She is so sweet, was very pleasant and settled, and of course, so HAPPY to be doing music. She had a smile on her face most of the entire time : )

I gave her a new song: This Old Man. The thing I noticed today was the grasping of sequencing. Instead of concentrating on one note at a time ( and she does so, beautifully, being carefully accurate) she could see a full pattern of notes - a five tone scale and play them more as a group. I will begin teaching her more with this technique as her base of note recognition increases. She will begin learning songs quicker. 
   

We also worked on note values for the first time and she loved this. I think it is because she is realizing that she is really learning music and not just playing at little exercises. We did: quarter note, half note and whole note and she seemed to understand the concept. [Yes--she just learned about fractions in school a few weeks ago, so I'm sure it all clicked with her! --HAD] I held her finger down on the note, to demonstrate and then she was able to do it herself. She has a new Write and Listen book [Book 2] as well and we began that. 

Also, I wanted to tell you she enjoys "paying" for the lesson, bringing the $$ to me herself.

That's it for now. Blessings, A.

No comments: