"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Sunday, April 26, 2015

A Traveling We Go

Well--we are not currently traveling anymore, but we DID last week! Paul, Chad and I went to parts West to see many relatives, especially my Dear Grandma who I had not seen for around 5 years! High time definitely to see her again!

Thankfully, accumulated points allowed us to obtain 3 inexpensive airline tickets completely for free. Have tickets, will travel! My Aunt loaned us the use of her car as she was going to be out of the country most of the time we were there, so we happily used that. And all but one night (which we used points to get a free hotel room) we were able to bunk with kind relatives. We packed a LOT of friends and family into one week. It was great even though we needed to come home to catch up on our sleep! HA!

Chad was a trooper, but he finally told us he was home sick and needed to go back and see his siblings! Seeing as that was the last day we were traveling, the timing worked out OK--we boarded a plane the next day to fly home!

Charity held down the fort with Kristina's help and made sure Katya got on and off the van for school safely each day. Katya had a tough time with us gone "so long" but she survived it and was over-joyed when it finally sunk into her that we were really home! Charity made a paper chain for her that she used to help mark the time gone, and if I understand right, the school helped too with a calendar for Katya to keep track of when we would arrive back home.

After we got home, Katya jumped and jumped so long and hard for joy that the school sent a note home the next day that it seemed as if her leg was hurting! I imagine it was a bit sore for a day or so after all the joy-jumping!

It was so good to get to see family again that I don't often get to see, as well as the change in landscape. I love the mountains and prairies and it was refreshing to see them again. It feels great to be back home with all my kiddos even though I enjoyed our little trip.

No comments: