"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Doctor Ben Carson--the Next President?

Of course we have been closely following Doctor Carson since he retired from his medical practice. So we were not surprised to find out today that he has announced that he has decided to run for President.

Should he win, it would feel very funny indeed to know that our President has not only shook our hands many times, but that he has operated on our child's brain!

Frankly, we wish him ALL the best! Having seen him even under pressure and stress in the hospital a few times, having heard what many, many people had to say about him from the cleaning ladies, to the cafeteria workers, to the nurses and other Doctors, we think he is the "real deal".



How very little did I dream when I read his book, "Gifted Hands" soon after it came out years ago that some day Dr Carson would be the Doctor who would save my child's life. And yet God planted the seed while I was reading that book . . . I remember calling my Mom up and saying, "Mom, if I ever had a child that needed serious brain surgery, I would want Dr Carson to be the one to do it."

Our family is truly grateful to Dr Carson for not only dreaming big, but putting his heart into his dreams so that God was able to prepare him and use him to save Katya's life not long before he retired. God's timing was impeccable.

And we are so grateful for that. Grateful for the chance at a healthy and relatively normal life for Katya that his willingness to take the risk of surgery gave her.


No comments: