"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Well, Would You Look At That!



What's that? you ask? That my friends is a "Perler Bead" frog.

Katya came home from school, saw that Chad had made a frog using a little paper pattern (pictured below) and she began studying the pattern. Then she made her own frog--like the pattern. Please note, she only visually observed the pattern while holding it in her hand. She correctly placed the beads on a separate base.


Our girl is just full of surprises. I love that she is. I am thankful for healing. Thankful for how she is progressing.

But sometimes at times like this, I must admit, I am still angry at the neglect and abuse that she suffered. Katya could have been so much farther along in life by now had she been given even the most basic level of instruction and love and care.

I am still passionate with a fierce passion about what is going on for orphans in Ukraine--and Russia for that matter too. Our family will continue to advocate, continue to seek ways to help, and someday, God willing, we will do something in person to stem the awful hemorrhaging of  kids into the system in Ukraine. Someday, God willing . . . . I can not sit here and pretend it is all well and fine because Katya is home and safe with us. There are other kids who are in that same orphanage TONIGHT--right now. There are other kids in other orphanages which are even WORSE than where Katya was. It's not right. And as caring, decent humans, we need to do something to make a difference.

God willing . . . . and I pray the time comes sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Beautifully said! We need a Godly leader.