"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Monday, February 3, 2014

Sick Bay Part 2

We have been running a sick bay pretty much ever since I last posted. Chad relapsed, Charity and I got sick, then Paul, Todd and Kristina came down with the crud as well. We have not had a single day since that everyone is feeling well. OY! Katya remains (thank God!) the lone hold-out! She's not gotten this!

Mixed in with all of this, Katya has had numerous days off from school due to the weather, plus so many 2 hour delays also due to the weather that I have totally lost track of how many. I don't even want to think about how many, truthfully! So our life has been quite an upheaval.

Some how, we have managed to keep the family going . . . we take turns doing little bits and pieces of the most essential things and then lay down and rest--or even sleep--again. I am surprised at how long it's taking most of us to truly feel and be well again.

Actually, today I'm taking Chad back to the Dr as he just is not totally shaking this. He's got me a trifle worried as he is normally my strapping, healthy child! The rest of us I think will get well without further intervention as long as we keep resting and taking our meds and supplements.

All kind thoughts and prayers appreciated. ;-)


No comments: