"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Amazing Impact of Music

Long time readers of Katya's blog know how much joy music is bringing into her life, and how it is helping to bring her peace and comfort, as well as giving her a chance to express herself. She continues her music lessons, and is learning to play not only the piano, but also the lap harp AND more recently, a ukelele.

We are convinced that music is a key component in Katya's recovery and on-going progress. Her school is so convinced as well, that they have been extremely gracious in working with us to allow Katya to get out of school a little early each week to go to her music lesson.

So it touched me deeply to read my friend, Kathy's, blog post about her daughter Kathryn's trip to the orchestra. Kathryn is a lovely child that I have been privileged to meet in person, and I just had to share the very moving blog post with my readers. It left me in tears, so you might want to grab a hanky before you begin. Enjoy reading about Kathryn's trip to the Cincinnati Orchestra.

No comments: