"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Friday, October 25, 2013

Getting Ready for Cold Weather

I have been working towards being ready for cold weather all summer and early fall in little bits and pieces. Picking up warm clothing at the thrift store or on the sale racks, and stashing it away for when the cold hit. The cold hit this week, and I was glad that I could switch out Katya's clothing drawers and get her set up for cold weather without having to go shop! We pulled out most of her warmer weather clothing out and stashed it in a tote. As she has grown larger, her clothing has grown larger too and the drawer space which was once adequate no longer is! Now that I have every thing sorted through and put away, I can see she will need an item or two here and there but really, she is well prepared for the most part for this cold weather. I'm grateful that between the things I found, and a few things that were given to us that Katya is provided with warm, soft and lovely clothing for winter! What a blessing!

I've been selling the warm weather things I know she will not fit into next spring. That has meant taking photos, listing items and then when they sell, packaging and taking to the Post Office. I'm grateful that we can sell what she has outgrown since Katya has moved through lots of clothing sizes in the little over two years since she has been home! From size 3T and now selling size six bottoms, and size 7 tops!  Katya is officially wearing size 7 bottoms, and size 8 tops!! That is a LOT LOT LOT of clothes sizes in just a little over two years!!

From having no interest in clothing when she first came home, to being highly interested in her own clothing, and having favorites and recently even one dress that she absolutely refused to wear no matter what, Katya is changing emotionally along with her physical growth!

1 comment:

Milena said...

Reading the line about clothes being bigger too and taking up more space made me smile too. What to do when the children outgrow the nice dresser :-)?
Katya really has grown tremendously, both physically and mentally! I really love that you share some of her life with us!