"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Saturday, September 14, 2013

This . . . Oh yes, This . . .

Read this . . . 

I know what mine would say right now if I hung  a sign . . .

"Be slow to judge us. The economy tanked and my husband's work has suffered greatly the last two years. We are doing the best we can. My kids have developed some issues on top of Katya's issues that all rolled together are stressful. Please be patient if I don't seem to have time or energy or patience for much beyond my day to day stuff. I am in survival mode. I care, I love you, but I have nothing much left to give."

What would your sign say?

2 comments:

Ruby said...

I totally understand. My sign would say: "I am tired. I've had a migraine for over a week. We are moving. My son has a severe mental illness, and his medications cost over $1000 a month. Our monthly income is only about $1400 a month. Oh, and I am VERY tired."

Monica @The Mennobrarian said...

Sometimes it would say "Don't criticize...HELP." Other times it would say "We thank you for minding your own business." But usually it would just be an exclamation point. There are no words for numbness and exhaustion. Nor are there words to describe how hard we work to press onwards. Only action, no words. Excellent post, thanks for sharing.