"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Monday, September 16, 2013

Retreating to My Happy Spot

Yesterday after church, we packed a picnic supper and loaded up for a short retreat to my "Happy Spot". A child of the West VA hills for part of my childhood, I am never happier than when surrounded by rocks, water, hills, and the "right" kind of trees. There is one spot in our state that fits that bill, and unfortunately it's way too far from me. I haven't been there in two years or so as a result, so it felt REALLY good to get back even though it was for a very, very short time yesterday.






 









All too soon, it was time to eat supper, and then head home to get the school kids into bed. Thankful that we had this outing. And hoping for at least one more before the cold winter weather hits . . .


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The nature and scenery that surrounds us as children make a bigger impression than we might realize! I too long for hills and forests of a special kind, while my husband wants the open land without trees... We live in "his kind" of scenery, and I always long for mine... I am very happy that you got a day with your nature! / Milena