"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Word of Encouragement

I'm doing a big purging the last week or so, trying to get the house de-cluttered and ready for the inevitable stresses of fall and winter that this family sees coming at us.

But before I threw away a card that came a few weeks ago, I wanted to share it with you, and also so when I need the encouragement, I can go back and read it again.



Inside it says: "Wishing you all the patience and strength you need to see you through" and then my dear Aunt M. hand wrote the following message: "Dear Hope--Sometimes our paths are chosen for us--sometimes we choose them. Either way, some days are more difficult than others and some days more delightful but each day is yours to do with what you may. God is there to renew our hope when all seems hopeless. He gives peace in midst of chaos! Acceptance when there is no other solution. Just a note hopefully of encouragement--finding you on a down moment that we all have!"

It meant a lot to me to get this card and note from someone in my family. It reminded me again of how important it is that we encourage and support others! I want to do better at that myself. It's so easy to not grab those few minutes to take the time to do something like this, but it can mean so much to someone. I know it did to me. Thank you, Aunt M!

No comments: