"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Touching Lives

Ever since we brought Katya home, we have noticed an interesting phenomena. Where ever Katya goes, she touches people's hearts.

Even though she is non-verbal, she seems to speak deeply into their lives.



Again and again, I have seen even famous Drs. face's become tender and their eyes shiny as they care for Katya. People all over love Katya and pray for her.




Every where Katya goes, she seems to have an important impact on people.

 
We joke that God has blessed Katya with a spiritual gift not named in the Bible--the gift of being able to wrap people around her little finger effortlessly.
 
 
 
Even though I know she has impacted me deeply and personally, it still always surprises me just a little bit when I see her do the same thing to others. They are, after all, not her Mommy!
 
 
Or her Daddy.
 
 
No matter how many times I have seen Katya and her story impact people, it still blesses me again every time it happens.
 
Yesterday, I was in the thrift store shopping when I ran into someone I had not seen for a few years. They did not know we had adopted Katya, and were pleasant and interested as I shared her story briefly.
 
 
 
As I turned to leave, I handed her one of the business cards for this blog that Amy makes for us to share with people. The lady's eyes suddenly became bright and shiny as she looked at the photo of Katya. "Oh how precious she is!" she exclaimed. She exclaimed several times over Katya as bright tears filled her eyes.
 
 
I don't fully understand what happens to create this reaction again and again as Katya's life intersects with others, but I believe it is important.


Because, Jesus said, ""And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me." Matthew 18:5  (New Living Translation)

 
We are grateful for those who have embraced our daughter in their hearts, and their lives.

 
Find yourself a needy child and let their story move you. Embrace them with all your heart. You won't regret it.
 
 
Their life will be changed for the better. And, so will yours.

No comments: