"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Exciting Thrift Store Find

Today while Katya was at respite, I ran a decent length list of errands. One of those was a stop at our local thrift store.

I'm quite happy over my find there.


Lovely, barely used Lands End boots with gorgeous fur tops that flip up or down! Oh my! And such richness for only $2.99! They are a size 3, so will need put away for Katya to grow into--she currently is more like a 1 or 2 (depending on manufacture). But maybe by next winter . . .  I can't wait till she can wear these totally adorable boots! And Lands End boots are generally the best ones I have found for our kids for winter. The outer shell holds up to the slush and water generally quite well that we can have, and yet keeps the kids toes warm and toasty. I normally wouldn't get fur with the mud we frequently can have around here, but if it's on a pair of thrift-ed boots, I will take it with thanksgiving! ;-) Katya is usually in snow pants anyway when it's cold enough to need winter boots since she cools down very easily.

I found some other goodies as well, but the boots were the best . . .  ;-)



No comments: