"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Friday, July 12, 2013

Cleaning the Bathroom

Our family has used Essential Oils for a 15 years or so for a handful of things. They are useful for all types of things--healing skin ailments, freshening the air, helping with headaches etc.

Tonight, after a afternoon/evening, I had a great need to clean. Yes, when things feel out of control in my life, I tend to go on a big cleaning event. It's all good--the Master Bathroom needed it badly anyway.

The problem is, I'm not that fond of cleaning the bathroom. And I particularly did NOT feel like cleaning the bathroom with white vinegar and Bar Keepers' Friend. I wanted something that smelled good--something that would perk me up.

Peppermint Essential Oils to the rescue! I threw a few drops of that into each sink with the Bar Keeper's Friend powder, cranked up my Praise and Worship music,  and went to work. By the time I was done scrubbing both sinks, the bathroom smelled lovely, my heart felt a tad more cheerful, and my sinks glistened.

Win-win, if you ask me.

I kept at it till the whole bathroom was clean and sparkly again, and now I'm going to soon go enjoy taking a bath with the lingering scent of peppermint still hanging about.

What do you like to do to make hard jobs easier?

2 comments:

jabreman said...

I will put a timer on for 15 minutes, or listen to just a limited number (3 or 4) songs and won't stop moving until the timer bings or the last song finishes. I do a task in that time frame...tidying up, organizing a drawer, writing a to-do list. I currently have each of those fore-listed things to do around my house, so it looks like tomorrow I will be getting to that.
I seldom watch TV, so another thing I will do is put on a favorite old movie in the background while I do a boring task. I don't have to watch the screen, but don't have ot feel so alone while I am doing the boring to-do!!!
I love the idea of good smelling tasks!!!! XOX Jane in Oregon

JILL O'BRIEN said...

I usually put on some alternative rock music and blast the volume up when I'm cleaning. Haha! It doesn't matter which part of the house I'm cleaning or if the neighbors complain, I like listening, dancing and singing to loud music when I clean my house. Plus, I know exactly how you feel. There are times when the house isn't even messy, yet I feel such an urge to clean up. Haha! I'm not sure why, but I guess cleaning can sometimes help me relax. Anyway, that was a great read. Thank you for sharing. :)

Jill O'Brien @ Penn Valley