"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Bean TIme

We are being blessed with an answer to many prayers this year--beans!!

Wonderful, yummy, green beans in abundance from our garden!

It takes every one's hands to get them done.


Todd cuts with the precision of a long-time chef, using a knife.

Katya cuts with kitchen shears.


Katya is very capable of taking off the stems and tails. She works hard.



Such intense concentration as she strives to do it exactly like we showed her!


Life skills, people! Taught at home, during day to day living!


Katya wants to learn. I'm so glad we can teach her!


I'm guessing right now, but I think we are going to have around 21 or more quarts of beans by the time we are done with this picking. Really glad for all FIVE of my good helpers! And since they all enjoy green beans, they are pretty happy to help prepare food for winter!

Now, I need to get back to working too! Time to get beans into the canner.

No comments: