"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Friday, June 14, 2013

An Amazing Birthday Gift


Tonight, Katya came up and said something quietly in my ear!!! And then she repeated it louder . . . and when rushed off to her Dad, she repeated it for him. And then she became absolutely GIDDY with joy at what she could do! This is the point that Charity grabbed the camera and filmed Katya. Just listen and watch.
I'm thinking that was a VERY impressive present for her Daddy today on his birthday! What do you think?!

7 comments:

Amy Wakefield said...

SO amazing!!! And on Daddy's birthday nonetheless!! :)

katiemacgregor said...

Daddy!!! Oh my heart!! & look how proud of herself she is!! Yayyyyy Katya!
xx

Laura Elizabeth said...

That was so sweet! And what an amazing thing, for her and ya'll both!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Amazing! And she says it so clear too! What a gift! How wonderful that Katya is finding her voice - and realizing it herself!
(I smiled too, because she jumps and flaps her hands just like I always did as a child :-) Memories...)
/Milena

Leah S. said...

Oh Katya! My heart is just full of JOY right now! Such a big girl!!! I bet there are many words to come after this. She's figuring it out!!!!! What a lovely birthday gift!!!

Chiara said...

Daddy !!! Yes darling, You did it, be proud of yourself!