"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A Full Day

Katya had respite again today, so after dropping her off, Charity, Kristina, Chad and I set out with a long list of stops to make.

Post Office, Bank, Health Food Store, Jo-Ann's Fabrics, JCPenny, Krogers, and the the library. We couldn't stay very long at anyone place! And even with the hurrying we did, we ended up picking up Katya about 15 minutes late.

Thankfully, E. had a forgiving spirit and and Katya, while ready to come home, had clearly had fun! Going to E's for respite is good for her. She usually comes home pretty happy and ready to bathe and soon go to bed. She's getting more self-confident, and doesn't even want Kristina to come along with her any more!

Tonight, Charity is cutting out burp clothes to make and sell.



Our family has not been able to take a family vacation since committing to adopting Katya. Katya has never gotten to go on a family vacation with us.

So, we are working hard to try to earn the money we will need to be able to vacation next year, Lord willing. We want Katya to get to see what a week of fun with her family is like. ;-) The kids are looking for any way to earn money to help. Charity is doing sewing to help towards the goal--a percentage of the proceeds from what she is selling goes into the vacation fund. Hopefully, we will come up with our projected goal, and then find ourselves enjoying a week of sand, water and sun next year!
**************************************
Our green beans have come up very nicely and it seems that the increased deer blocks Paul has put into effect are working. No deer tracks in the garden. We are hopeful that it is now safe to plant more things! My goal for the beans is to can a minimum of 100 qts of green beans this year. I hope I meet or exceed the goal.

What projects are keeping you busy these days?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I found your blog though my Aunt Christie Minich. I love reading it :) I have a question about a sewing project. My husband is a Firefighter and I would love to have a quilt made for him using some old uniform shirts. I can only sew basic things LOL. no where near the skill level for a quilt. I know it would be expensive, but worth it!! Do take orders for quits by any chance? :)
Denise Williams
dmwillliams2@cox.net

Hope Anne said...

Hi, Denise! I tried to email you but it bounced back. Could you please get in touch with me directly at phdfam@gmail.com and I will try to see what we can possibly do . . Thanks!