"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Potato Salad

Years ago, after eating lunch at a friend's house, I asked for the potato salad recipe. It was the best I had ever tasted!

Years later, that is still the recipe I reach for when I want potato salad!

Today the girls and I made it to have for supper, along with grilled turkey burgers. Mmmm!



Potato Salad

Hardboil 12 eggs. Peel and chill.
Potatoes: 16 large--peel, cook, chill

Dice eggs, potatoes, a medium sized onion, and 1 and 1/2 cup celery.

Cover with the following dressing:

3 cup mayonnaise [we like to use the Spectrum version]
6 T prepared mustard
4 teaspoons salt [we use the pink salt]
2 cup sugar [we typically reduce by at least 1/4 cup or more]

Chill all ingredients well, and then sprinkle with paparika before serving for visual interest.

(Today, we made the dressing up ahead and had it chilling while the eggs and potatoes were chilling so that we could quickly throw every thing together at supper time. Also, I just remembered that I usually add more eggs and potatoes--by two or so--more than the recipe calls for. The dressing always seems to make more dressing than needed for me unless I increase the eggs and  potatoes by a bit.)


All photos courtesy of Wares by Cherry.


3 comments:

katiemacgregor said...

Looks delicious!

I have spent the past two nights reading your entire blog! What a blessing your whole family & your journey have been to me!

Lots of love,
Katie x

Noah Hursh said...

Looks scrumptious! I'd love to meet you again HopeAnne...it has been years!! I was so glad to discover your blog and find it so interesting that we both are finding life is taking us down the Adoption Road! God's blessings to you and yours!--Faith (Scearce) Hursh

Hope Anne said...

Katie, thank you. It always makes us happy to know that Katya's story is blessing or inspiring others! Thank you for letting us know, and I hope you will keep visiting and commenting!

Faith! How did you find the blog?! Please do stay in touch! I would love to know more about your adoption journey! Are you blogging any where about it? Do stay in touch and keep commenting!