"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

This is Why


This is why adoption is important.

The photo on the left was taken when Katya was home just a few days. The photo on the right was taken on Easter Sunday this year--less than two years later.


Home less than two years. Photo on Left soon after arrival at home. Photo on right Easter Sunday, less than 2 years later.

Yes, blog readers, this is what nutrition, love and medical care can do even for a child's hair. Think then, what it is doing for her body. . . her brain . . . her emotions . . .  Think how love and care and FOOD is helping her to grow strong and healthy and prepared for life.

She didn't have that before.

Adoption makes a difference.

No, I can't save all the kids (God knows I wish I could!) but I can do what I can do--and for this one, I have made a difference. She has made a difference too. Our home is now graced with her humor, her love, her quirks, and the intense pride we all feel in her. We would have had none of that had we not adopted her.

I think that is what you could call a win-win situation for all of us!

Adoption, done well, rocks. Totally.

3 comments:

Sadia Noor said...

Really useful blog.Good work keeping this updated! Thanks a lot!
work at home

Sanjay Kumar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lisa matthews said...

Hi,
The "before" pic looks a lot like my daughter Crista's hair. She's been home for only a few weeks now.
I know that time and nutrition will help, but could you recommend a good shampoo/conditioner?