"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Amazing . . . .

It's a long story, and I'm not going to get into it, but in a nutshell, we ended up having to look for a new dental team for Katya.

Tonight we went for our first visit at the new office in a completely different town--needing to allow 45 min to get there versus the 15 I used to have to do.

The good news is that so far, so good. That's the good news.

The absolutely stupdendous, amazing news??!

That would be that Katya raided the loot box and walked out with not one, not two, not three--but FIVE WHOLE ITEMS . . . and then after she got in the van, Katya spontaneously handed one of her prize items to CHAD!! We were so proud of her! And then when he said, "Oh Katya, could I have the green one (his fav color) instead?!" and handed her back the red one, she let him have the green one!!! And she didn't even fuss!!!

I got so proud of her that my eyes got all teary and if I wasn't having to drive all the way home, I'd have probably bawled like a baby!!!

I'm here to say that I don't think there could be much more joy in my heart tonight . . .

Rejoice with us!!

2 comments:

Milena said...

Yay! Heartwarming!

Laura Elizabeth said...

So sweet :D I can tell your little girl is growing by leaps and bounds. You go, Katya!