"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Goody Boxes!

Lately we got two lovely boxes in the mail!

The first one (not pictured) contained two books from Katya's Amazon wish list--"Inside Your Outside--All About the Human Body" and "The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body". My two youngest were excited! Because while Katya needs these books, Chad also enjoys them! ;-) Thank you, thank you to whoever kindly sent them! There was no name with the package, so I have no clue . . .

The other box came in the mail yesterday. It was a tough day at our house--I was feeling absolutely dizzy and lousy still as I try to recover from having the flu and then a ruptured ear drum, and just the arrival of a package I wasn't expecting put a tiny spark in my day!

We didn't manage to snag a photo while Katya was at home of her with the items, so Charity got one of Chad.

Thank you, Susan in MA for the day brightener! Katya will enjoy these items for a long time, I'm quite sure!

All these goodies are a real blessing as we seek to educate Katya! In order to most effectively help Katya play "catch up" in areas where she is behind, we need specific types of books and videos. Having people bless her with items from her wish list has been a huge surprise, and I hope you know how very thankful we all are!!

Bless you, kind friends!

2 comments:

Susan in Mass said...

Glad the kids will enjoy the books!

scootercat said...

I sent Katya the Human body books.
My son loved those books when he was younger.
I am glad they will be well used.
God Bless You.

Jeanne