"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Monday, February 11, 2013

Those Pesky Ears

Our little dear had a tough night last night. From soon after 3:00 AM until morning I was on the couch with her after other measures failed.


She was sooo miserable. She didn't go back to sleep until around 6:00 AM. I dozed on the couch with her after that till around 8:00 AM when she woke me back up by pushing and tapping on me.

Needless to say, I felt like toast, and I don't think she felt rested either!

After we took her to the Dr. today, we got the verdict of an infected ear--AGAIN. Those pesky ears just won't let Katya have any peace this winter, it seems. She's out of school till she is fever-free and feeling better.

At least she felt good enough to play nurse to Chad when he slipped, fell, and hurt his back right before lunch time!

She pulled the stool up and sat beside him to look at the books! Even six months ago we would not have been at all likely to see this happen, so we are so happy for the progress we note.



Naps are not Katya's style, no matter how tired she is. But after lunch, she didn't object to cuddling up in the recliner to watch her beloved "Cedarmont Kids" songs while resting.



This tired old Mama took a nap herself during this time! And then went I got up, Katya wanted me to hold her and rock her again. I spent the rest of the late afternoon and evening doing that, so Dad was persuaded to bring home Chinese for supper. That helped a LOT.

Here's hoping for a better night for all of the females in this house (when Katya is awake and not sleeping, it wakes up her two big sisters who share a room with her) because we are all droopy.

1 comment:

Milena said...

I'm so sorry and I hope that Katya will quickly feel better and that you will all feel rested soon again!
Such a blessing that she would sit calmly and interact with Chad like she did. So touching :-)