"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Working With Her Hands


Charity re-potted a few herbs for me into larger pots back before the weather turned really cold. Katya has been very interested in plants ever since Charity explained to her that plants get thirsty, like Katya does, and need drinks. She will come on her own if she sees us watering the plants and wants to help water the plants. Katya does it very carefully. So when she saw Charity potting, Katya was extremely interested at the time, and watched like a hawk.

When Charity went out today in this balmy weather to move our basil and aloe-vera plants into larger pots from the thrift store, she made sure to call Katya to come help.

Katya was delighted.

After the plants were potted, she was concerned that she get all the dirt that spilled scooped back up and into the bag.


 She tried sooo hard to get it all, and began to get frustrated when she couldn't.




Such persistent effort!




I asked her if she would like a broom, and that seemed to meet her approval.


Katya worked and worked.



                                     She worked and worked till the porch was nearly all clean! Then she brought over the broom and gave it back to me. Isn't she so precious?!



 And  . . . just as a family history note, Katya is wearing a hat that was made for my brother Jeff, who died from complications of von Recklinhausen's Disease  when I was only 6 years old. I believe the hat was made for him by either my Grandma or Aunt--not entirely sure--but either way . . . I'm glad that it some how was saved and eventually given to me to wear on my kiddos. Katya seems to like it as it's a light weight and very soft hat. ;-) Doesn't she just totally rock it with the rakish angle she wears it at?!




No comments: