"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve

 
 . . . we did the laundry.

. . .  we started Lemon Parsley potatoes in the crockpot for supper.

. . . talked to a few friends and heard about how God is moving in a situation we have been praying for!

 . . . rocked Katya and cuddled her (many, many times today).

. . . Charity did some sewing.

 . . . we put up the decorations on the New Year's Tree.



Katya loves hanging up her ornaments, and any others she can get permission to hang.

 
The 4 youngest are the ones who always help me do this, and we have a great time doing it together.
 
 
 
And the admiring commences.
 
It doesn't show in this photo, but dear friends of ours gave us two lovely hand-crafted Matroishkas--out of felts, I think, that are gracing our tree for the first time! It felt really neat to have their gift to put on!

 
 
Now that supper and baths for the youngest ones are done, we are getting ready to tuck them into bed and then we will enjoy the last little bit of 2012 that remains.

May God have mercy on us in 2013, and I pray that I can serve Him with a passionate heart. Happy New Year to all my blog readers!

1 comment:

Jaimie said...

Hello! I have been following your blog for a while now and have a question about your young daughter's decision to cover her hair. I am an unmarried modern Orthodox Jewish woman and we cover our hair after marriage. I am not super well-versed in Halacha (Jewish law) but our thought process is that a woman's hair is so beautiful that it should be for her husband alone. What is the thought process behind having younger girls do so? Additionally, I also dress according to certain modesty laws -- called dressing tsnius. Skirts only and they need to cover the knee, collarbone and elbows covered. Is there a specific custom or law that you and your daughters follow? Or is it for modesty reasons? I hope you don't mind my asking -- I'm just curious!