"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

And Dr. Carson says . . .

 . . . that he wants to give Katya two more days on her current antibiotic before moving forward to new steps of action.

The exception of course being that if her labs that were drawn today come back showing something alarming OR if Katya's condition worsens.

The Lab has orders to call Katya's PCP's cell phone tonight already with the results, and then he will notify us if they are alarming. I am praying so hard that they will show some sign of improvement, or at least nothing alarming. I think I am fighting a virus or something . . . feeling horrid and dizzy and keep having trouble from time to time with almost losing my balance. I'm in no fit shape to try to drag Katya to our closest Children's Hospital, so it feels like her labs need to be "safe" for sure.

So . . .if Friday rolls around and she isn't showing any signs of improvement, then Dr. Carson wants Katya to have a MRI with and without contrast to try to determine if there are any signs of infection in her brain.

Prayerfully, hopefully, all will be well.

In the meantime, I'm snuggling and rocking with my little gal as much as I can. I read years ago in a Mothering magazine that it was believed that a large part of the key to helping a child heal was plenty of physical contact with their parents. I don't know if that is true or not, but I have never forgotten that . . . and especially with Katya's history of deprivation of touch/cuddling/nuturing especially when she did not feel well, I think it's really important on so many levels to give her that. When I can't physically do it, often one of the girls or Paul fills in till I can get back to her.

So, we are doing all we can right now to give Katya's body a chance to try to fight off whatever this is. Thank you for continuing to pray for her. She's in God's hands, Dr. Carson's "Gifted Hands" and her family's loving care. There's no better place for her to be right now, it seems to me.

1 comment:

Milena said...

Thank you for the update! Hope for positive news come Friday!