"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Monday, November 5, 2012

Sometimes . . . .

 . . . it is easy to grow weary of fighting the battle to make sure that what is done is in Katya's best interests.

 . . . it is easy to let other's negative responses to my efforts to make sure my daughter's best interests are met depress and drag me down.  It's a good thing that I'm getting slowly wiser in putting on my tough Mommy-skin and not letting their arrows pierce me.

 . . . I just want to curl up in a ball and bawl at the frustration and pain I see Katya go through with her lack of communication.

 . . . I am not so strong and brave and cheerful as I wish I were.

 . . . only my firm belief in God and His promises is all that gets me through yet another day.

 . . . I am angry beyond words at the evil in this world that allowed my daughter to suffer, and at the evil in this world that allows her to still be taken advantage of due to her inability to talk.

 . . . there is no way I can let myself really think or feel about what is going on with all of this or I would not be able to function as I need to.

And sometimes . . . sometimes . . . I can not wait for Heaven . . . God willing, Katya will have a new and perfect body there, with the ability to function completely perfectly.

4 comments:

Milena said...

I'm very sad that Katya has suffered so much before you adopted her - and it makes me furious to hear that she is still taken advantage of! Seriously, what is wrong with people? I'm sad that you have to fight so many fights, using up energy that could have been used for so many more positive things for your family. Very very much hoping for a positive change coming really soon for your whole family!

Astrin Ymris said...

Oh, dear. Is it still the same little boy who had beef with her before? I suppose it's unreasonable to expect one intervention to completely solve the problem. Any word on getting a one-on-one aid for Katya?

Also, has anyone suggested the possibility of getting Katya an iPad with a speech app?

Hope Anne said...

Milena and Astrin Ymris, no, not the same boy. Another situation wtih the school--this time with an adult who should have known better. No, no one-on-one aid. Sadly, I don't think that is a fight we will win with this school. There is talk about getting her an IPad with a speech App eventually! I hope to blog about Katya and Ipads soon! We have some good progress to report in that area. ;-)

Milena said...

An adult? In school? *deep sigh* an adult in school should definitely know better. I'm so so sorry that you have to deal with such people on top of all other challenges.

An ipad would be great though! I've seen how our son's preschool does all kinds of creative stuff with the children using the ipad so I can only imagine how great it would be for Katya!