"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Latest Lego Creation

One of the questions asked (thanks--I will work on answering them as I have time!) was if we could share more of Katya's Lego creations on the blog. Gladly!!

These photos were taken today.




After she started on this work of art, she gradually stripped off components from her previous projects to use in this one, so I'm glad I documented that one with photos!


Piece by piece, Katya creates her lovely little world.


Clearly she has a love of order and beauty, and it shows in her Lego creations. This project has kept her busy for over a month now!! She tweaks little things here and there, tries re-arranging for the best look, and so on. I hope Katya will get more Legos for Christmas! They are such a great way to occupy her busy mind and hands, and are terrific for her brain development, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Milena said...

She clearly likes flowers :-) I can see how legos are great for her in so many ways! Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Leah said...

These. Are. Amazing. Seriously! Has Katya shown any interest in other tactile mediums? -- I'm thinking about LightBright boards or stackable magnets. Clearly even institutionalization, neglect, and medical challenges haven't touched her creativity. What an incredible kid.

Hope Anne said...

Leah, yes, Katya defintely likes other things that are tactile! She has done amazing things with magnet pieces on a light board at a Science Center soon after we brought her home . . . her attention span for that was incredible too, esp. given how agitated and restless she was overall during the initial adjustment period after she was home. I will have to see if blogged about that or not . . . if not, I could show photos from then as well. And yes, we think she is pretty incredible. ;-)

Milena, you are always so kind and supportive! Thank you!