"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Sunday, October 21, 2012

"I Only Regret . . . "

"I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country." So spoke one Nathan Hale.

And I often the last year or so have thought of that saying. Only when I think it, it gets changed in my head to something like this: "I only regret that I have but one life to give for my God" or "I only regret that I have but one life to give for orphans."

Even though I'm busy raising two young orphans-no-more, and have quite a few years ahead of me probably yet raising Katya, the burden on my heart for orphans has NOT gone away. I am not satisfied to think I have "done my share" and now can relax. There is so much more I want to do  . . . long desperately to do . . . and it makes me sad that I can not do more than what I can do right now. I feel sad to think that my life is probably soon about half over and that I have done so little for God and for orphans.

I continue to pray and to hold the dreams that I think God has given me about my role with orphans   . . . I continue to want Him to mold me into the person He wants me to be so that I am open hopefully to whatever God calls me to do in the future . . . our family continues to care about orphans and to be passionate for them. Pray for us if you think of it to know what doors God wants us to walk through when the time is right, and pray that we will be equipped to be ready for whatever He wants for us.

In the meantime, we stay busy raising these beauties--orphans-no-more by the Grace of God!




3 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

God's timing is perfect. :) I know exactly how you feel.

Milena said...

You know Hope Anne, you do a lot for orphans just by living your everyday life and sharing about it. You are an immense inspiration for me, and I'm rather sure you must be so for many others too. And by inspiring others, we too go ahead and try to do what we can - and so, you have done a lot without thinking about it!

Hevel Cohen said...

So where is that LLAF button? ;) Maybe time for Amy to revise it a bit?