"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Friday, October 26, 2012

"Here Is the Church"

Many of you are probably familiar with the little finger play for young children called, "Here Is the Church".

If not, you can watch a version of it here:
Charity and I have done a similar version with Katya a few times when we needed to keep her quiet while in church or waiting some where.

Today, when Charity was doing a more complicated hair-do on Katya than we normally do, Charity glanced down to see Katya correctly performing this play exactly as we had done it for her a few times!! She did the whole thing from start to finish, complete with the appropriate spaces between each step as if she was saying it mentally to herself.

We were so excited! I know I say that alot, but it's true! ;-) We were and we still are!! This is the child that one of her caregivers mockingly told us had "nothing" in her head and laughed at us for wanting to adopt her. Every time something like this happens, I would love to video tape it and send it back for their viewing pleasure! Shoot, for that matter, I would love to video tape Katya for a whole week and be able to have ALL the staff at her former orphanage sit and watch it on their big, big screen TV in the Director's office. I don't think that my feelings are out of line either. I think it could be really helpful for them to have some education on how love and teaching can transform even a child that seems like a "hopeless" case! Wouldn't it be great to start a REVOLUTION of thought--and then treatment of special needs children who are condemned to living hells in orphanages all over the world?!!

Pray with me . . . God has not taken away my burden for orphans. Kristina and Katya may be home safe and well with us. But there are so many who still need protection. So many who need love! God willing, I will have much more to share about this in the coming weeks and months as I continue to pray and seek God's face and His will for me as it relates to orphans, and orphan care.

In the meantime, pray . . . pray for the kids who have no hope right now. Once that was Katya--and now she has life a hope, and a future!!


No comments: