"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Sunday, June 26, 2011

RELEASED!!!




No longer an orphan, but a dearly loved and cherished daughter and sister! With great joy we welcome Katya Rose into our lives and soon to be, living with us in our home! For now, she's sleeping peacefully on a make-shift bed in an apartment in Uk*aine, after snuggling to sleep with Mommy. What an amazing thing to think about! In September of 2009, as I walked out of her life, I whispered into her ear, "Good-bye, Mommy loves Katya" in Russian, the language she understands. And for months . . . I could not tell her that again. . . I could only send her messages in my prayers and dreams . . . tonight .  . I could whisper it again and again and again into her little ears . . .  "Good-night, Katya, Mommy loves you!"
Thank You, Dear Father God, for saving one of the least of these . . . for rescuing her from the fate that awaited her without a Mommy and Daddy to love her, protect her, and fight for her best good. Thank you for giving her two sisters and two brothers who will love her and protect her and help her to bloom. . . and thank you for family and friends who have prayed for her and will continue to pray for her and love her no matter what. Thank you for the gift of Katya Rose to our family. Amen.


13 comments:

The imPerfect Housewife said...

SOOOOO AWESOME!!! Wish I could be there when you all got home - what a homecoming that will be!

Tink said...

So amazing to see two children saved with in a month from that place. You guys should arrange a playdate for katya and Samuel (Sullivan, also saved, has Arnold- Chiari) justamomofseven.blogspot.com

The Annessa Family said...

Praising God!

Brooke Annessa
www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

Shawn and Megan Mitchell said...

AMEN!

Mel said...

AMEN!!!! God has answered your prayers for your sweet Katya!! So happy for you Hope Ann!!

jabreman said...

Just overjoyed for your family. I came upon your blog from other adoption blogs and while my family is not in the position to adopt, I have been praying for all of the families I am following.

God Bless You all...and have safe travels to your BIG family at home!

Keep us updated!

Jane

Marianne said...

Beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Leanne said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Hope Ann! Praising God with you. SO happy Katya is finally where she belongs!

Milena said...

Oh happy day! Congratulations! I just love that picture of you with sweet Katya in your arms! Finally she's yours to keep :-) Can't wait to see her meet her whole loving family.

Willow said...

Oh, Hope Ann! I have chills-- I'm so happy for you, for your family, for Katya-- all of you!! Wonderful, wonderful news!! Blessings on you all!

Nanci said...

Amen! Praising our gracious and merciful God for His great blessing!

The Ironic Catholic said...

I'm so happy for you! Peace and blessings, Susan

Annie said...

Hope Ann - I finally found your blog! Well, I didn't know you had one, I don't think....but I feel like I "see" you all over the place.

God be praised! Love her up! Basque in these precious moments!