"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Saturday, May 7, 2011

THIS WEEK

This week, we leave for Katya's country!!!

My list of things to do grows by the day . . . YIKES! It's hard not to feel panicky . . . but I know it's going to be OK some how.

Now on top of every thing else, Charity is vomiting. I hope she's the only one who gets hit with that bug because we do NOT have time to lose ANY time with illness . . .

Really earnestly covet your prayers . . . there were some significant changes made to how court dates are assigned in Katya's country, and it has the potential to impact our adoption procses in a lot of ways--negatively.

Regardless of all of this . . . I know God is on the throne! He is in control! I want to choose to keep trusting Him and His timing and purposes . . .

Please pray for our children. It tears my Mommy heart up to be going so far away from them and not know when we even get to come back and be re-united. The changes could potentially mean now that we need to come home before court due to increased wait time . . please pray that God will direct us in all of our steps, and help us to stay calm and focused on Him.

2 comments:

Dobrovits Family said...

Will be following (and praying!) along!!

We are just a few months behind you ;-)

Carla
www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com

Dana said...

I am thrilled for you! I can hardly wait to see new photos of Katya...with her Momma!!!! I'll be praying for things to go smoothly and for good health for your entire family!