"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Pictures from Trip 2

A photo of the metro station on the way to Katya

Katya was eager to look at the books and photo album we had brought the day before again.




The angle I was sitting at, plus the fact that at that point I was having to physically block my purse and our backpack from digging little hands made it hard to get a good photo, but Daddy's strong warm hands are cradling Katya's face, and she LOVED it. After that, she began showing a lot more interest in this Papa-guy.

And if I look like I was crying here it was because I was.  Just check out the peaceful look that came to Katya's face after Papa's hands cradled her.



Paul'[s first few seconds holding Katya.



Before we left, he had her all snuggled up in his arms, rocking and singing to her. She obviously loved this, and when the caregiver came and told her it was time to put her toys away and come, that was when the anger and "keening" started.


Tomorrow we see her again, God willing! ;-)

3 comments:

The Annessa Family said...

So sweet!

Brooke Annessa
www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

Tink said...

How would you feel about me making you guys a memory video with all the pictures you have posted? Of miss katya?

Tink said...

And do you have a song suggestion? I was thinking either
I refuse by josh wilson
Thats what faith can do
The great adventre by steven curtis chapman
My wish by rascall flatts
Or
Bless the broken road by rascall flatts