"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Katya Meets Mama Again, and Papa for the First




Little Miss Katya seemed to remember Mama and was initially a bit ticked at her it seemed, but that started melting away. By the end of the visit, she was sitting fairly relaxed on my lap for about 30 min. just looking and looking at the photo album of her new family and another simple picture book I had brought along. She was very shy with Papa and only at the end when I asked (after looking at and naming who was who in the photo album) "Where's Papa?" she gave him a fast sideways look and then whipped her head the other way, and giggled fit to beat the band. Needless to say, since her new Papa is a tease, that one got him square in the heart. ;-) After spending the 1.5 hour we were allowed with her observing her and her interactions/reactions Papa has declared that he's just as sure as I am that she's "in there" and just doesn't know how to let it out.
One thing that was very poignant . . . as I gave her little back a deep pressure massage, she began to let out these little breaths of tension releasing . . . and even afterwards now and then as she relaxed against me . . . you could hear one escape . . .
So even though her body needs so much help and attention, and I'm sure we will absorb new things today in that regards, there is much reason for hope . . . . much reason to believe Healing Will Come. After fighting for this girlies life for so long, it was surreal to hold my daughter of the heart in my arms again . . .  I can see how God used that trip in 09 in SO many ways though . . . to open the doors NOW. I will have to blog more another time . . . time to get ready to see our girl again! Keep prayng. Prayers are much, much needed.

6 comments:

Shawn and Megan Mitchell said...

Praying Hope-Anne and Paul... :) Our hearts are there with you.

Sarah said...

Am tearing up as I read...God Bless You...Sarah

Milena said...

I'm thrilled and very touched to read your news and seeing the sweet photos! Thank you so much for sharing! You are in thoughts and prayers constantly. I'm so so happy that you are finally there to bring Katya home - I guess it must be so much more emotional since you have fought for her in different ways for so long.

GraceWatch said...

So glad you're there!
Peace and prayers....

Susan
http://www.helpforTori.blogspot.com ...and Anthony!

Tink said...

Praying for you and misskatya and "my kids" at (25)! Please, if u are allowed, please get pictures of sergey and anthony!
Savingsullivan.blogspot.com

Nan and Dan said...

so so happy for you all!! good luck!