"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Finally Moving

We started our day at 4:30 a.m. this morning . . . (and I'd been awake since 3:15). Made it safely to the airport, got on our flight . . . . and actually had LEG ROOM in in the Emergency Exit row . . . AND our plane took off and we actually made it to Atlanta on schedule! YAY!!! We leave around 3:00 p.m. to Paris, France. After all our joking about how we were going to GERMANY, NOT Paris, France . . . we end up going to Paris, France! Paul had to laugh . . . and of course, so did I! ;-) I'd been teasing him all along . . . "we COULD go to Paris, France, Paul!" and he'd smile and say, "We're going to Germany." So it became a running joke . . .

I'm so thankful that before everything went crazy yesterday God had given me this verse as I sat on the plane reading my Bible on the IPAD (LOVE LOVE that I can do that . . . ) "Behold, I have given you authority ad power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm  you." Luke 10:19 in the Amplified Version  Right after I read that, and highlighted it (love that feature too!) the Stewardess announced we should stow our electronics.

(I did tell you all that the speech therapist recommended we obtain an IPAD to start trying to use picture communication with Katya, right?! Anyway, with the help of a friend, we were able to get a like-new IPAD that was used for a reasonable price, and I honestly like it so much that if Katya does well with it and uses it for her primary method of communication I will be forced to save my pennies up for awhile to get another one for me! I am loving being able to take two versions of the Bible with me easily, loving the calendar feature, being able to have books and music at my fingertips etc. Also, due to my poor vision, the ability to increase point size, alter the brightness/background etc. to make things easier to read is very helpful for me. Yup--loving my IPad . . .)

Thank you to all of you who have been leaving comments and praying for us. We enjoy reading the comments and appreciate ALL the prayers very much!!! I would esp. appreciate prayers for my right eye as I woke up with it feeling tender and like I'd bruised it . . . I have no clue what I could have done that would have done that, but the pain has grown worse since I'm up, and every blink is a twinge of pain. No clue what is wrong, so I def. need God's healing hand as we prepare to head out over the ocean.

4 comments:

Milena said...

Hoping for a safe and smooth journey for you!

Could it be an eye infection? My husband just had oner, and the symptoms sound similar. Hoping it will go away quickly!

Rhoda said...

Okay, I get that you love your Ipad. Now if you can get that I'm just a wee bit jealous....LOL I'm glad you have it and if you need another, I hope the pennies add up quickly!

Too bad you didn't have some time to spend in Paris, France.....maybe next time. =)

I'm praying that it's nothing serious with your eye and that God touches you with His healing hand.

May you feel God near throughout this journey.

Julie said...

Praying...
That's neat about using the ipad to help Katya communicate. We enjoy our ipad as well...
Which Bible app/site do you use?

Milena said...

I'm thinking about you daily, praying in my heart for you and I really hope that the whole process is going smoothly. You did have your SDA appointment the day before yesterday, didn't you? Then maybe you're having your first visit with Katya today! Hope you'll be able to update soon!