"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Finding New Ways to Raise Funds

Since we are selling items to raise funds for Katya's adoption, Charity and I are always looking for inspiration and we found some earlier in the week when we read what is one of our top favorite blogs--Pleasant View Schoolhouse

Anna shared how she had made a upcycled skirt for her daughter, Daisy, from a T-shirt, and I instantly felt my cogs begin to churn A trip to our local thrift store when I was already in town yielded me 3 possible T-s. Charity felt a bit dubious when I handed her the "utilitarian green designed to hide sweat and dirt stains" as she put it! She thought I might have chosen a nicer color.

But, faithful daughter that she is, she set to work obediently, using the gifts God has blessed her with-- and this is what that drab, dark, ugly green T turned into.






Pretty, huh?


I think Charity did an out-standing job on it--and by the time she was done, she'd totally transformed that dull  T into a soft, feminine skirt that is so soft and comfy that it's a delight to feel and see! It sold quickly after I posted it on Facebook, and so it's not available for sale now. Stay tuned though--there are more skirts in the works! And as always, proceeds go to HELP BRING KATYA HOME! ;-)
(All photos by Charity)

1 comment:

Milena said...

It's really pretty, and it's very hard to believe it was once a dull t-shirt! So happy that it sold quickly - it should, being as pretty as it is!