"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Few Fundraiser Updates--and a (mildly) Funny Story

Good News About the Tupperware Fundraiser for Katya!! Due to the fact that we couldn't get the link to work correctly at first,  Elsie, the consultant, was able to get our time extended by two days. So instead of the fundraiser ending tonight, it's been extended through the 25th! This is a good fundraiser, with 40% going directly to help Katya come home! So would you please, please, please share this link for Katya's sake via any method you choose,  and ask your friends to consider shopping through it?? You MUST shop through this link for us to get the credit--not through Tupperware's site otherwise. http://order.tupperware.com/pls/htprod_www/!twx$eparty_ctl.p_guest_welcome?pv_eparty=a93b2087b6dc7b62dcfdf8ff96ae2510

There are so many things you could enjoy having in your home . . . I purchased this type of toy for Todd when he was about 2--so 16 years ago. It's still going strong, in spite of all the use it's had.


And then there are storage containers . . .


and so many other things. I don't have tons of Tupperware, but I would say that my favorites are from the Modular Mates that I use to store things like sugar in--since we shop at our local bulk food store alot, having a sturdy container to dump the large bags of bulk items in is really important. Otherwise, . . . holes seem to appear in the plastic and my idea of a fun day is NOT a pile of sugar or flour going all over when I pull a bag from my cupboard. I've had my Modular Mates for years and years and never needed to do a thing wtih them except wipe them clean every now and then!

Anyway . . . just so you kmow . . . we do appreciate you shopping through the link above if you have any needs for Tupperware in your life! And if not . . . maybe someone you love would apperciate a piece for a gift. Prayerfully think about it. But don't think too long--the fundraiser ends the evening of the 25th!

****************************************************
Skirt--Charity finally was able to take some better pictures of the little girl's T-shirt skirt we have for sale! And we lowered the price--only $12.00 and that includes shipping! Check it out! Isn't it sweet?! I love Charity's work.  . . . she puts her heart into her sewing projects.

UPDATE--PENDING SALE FOR THIS SKIRT!






Again, this is a T-shirt skirt for little girl's, made of ALL NEW materials in our non-smoking home. Approximately 12 and 1/4 inches long, and 18 and 1/4 inches in the waist (un-stretched measurement--elastic in casing waist.) Asking $12.00 and that includes shipping to the lower 48 states. I will ship to Alaska or Hawaii as well but shipping prices will need to be additional.. You can PayPal us at phdfam@gmail.com 
First come, first served!

***************************************************************************
And now . . . for the mildly funny story . . . when we had our medical forms reviewed by the document reviewer, they noticed something we'd missed--on each form, two lines did not have the date written in on by the doctor. This is a problem--never mind that the page has the date in about 20 other places (well, I exaggerate a bit, I'm sure . . . but it's in a LOT of places, trust me!) So today we tooled to our Doc (who is about an hour away) and got her to add that info. First, she only did the top sheet--good thing I looked before we left the office! So we had to get her chased down and ask that both sheets get attention (yes, she's a busy Doc--a real sweetheart, and ever so caring, but BUSY!)
After we were done with that, we had to drive to the county seat, and after a bit of looking we found the building we were supposed to be going to to get authentications for the forms. Well, when we went through security, we asked the Deputy guarding the desk where to go to get the notary signature authenticated, and he directed us down the hall and to the first door on our right. We went--and found the door, and the sign beside it clearly stated, "Law Library". Umm, that seemed a bit strange . . but whatever . . .it's where he said to go so we opened the door and went in. There was no one there, but a sign taped to the desk saying that they would be back at 2:15 p..m.  That was over an hour away . . . and we debated about waiting plus . . .w as this REALLY the right place?? I looked on the counter and there were forms there that were for notaries and such so I thought maybe then . . . although it all still seemed very strange and "off" to us . . .we settled to wait . . . Stupid us! We should have gone back out and challenged the deputy when we had our doubts!!! We waited till almost 2:20 p.m. and then this lady came hurrying in. When we tried to explain what we wanted she was a bit puzzled at first . . . wanted to look at our papers, and then explained that they don't use the term "authentication" in that county--it's a different term altogether (and right now it's escaping me though she did tell me what it was!) and no, SHE didn't take care of those--they were upstairs in another office! And no, this is NOT the first time that the deputies have done that to people--she keeps telling them that even though she handles one aspect of the notary business, she does NOT do this! So . . . we skeddadled out of there and up to the upstairs because I was supposed to be home not a minute later than 3:15 to take Charity to her group violin lesson . . . and by now it's past 2:20 p.m. and we are a good 45 plus min. away from home! Once in the right office, we were able to get things dealt with quickly and efficiently, and they put the type of impressive stamps and gold seals on that a certain country just LOVES . . . I think we need to move over to that county so the rest of our docs could look so impressive! LOL! 

We managed to hustle home--a phone call enroute appraising Charity of our estimated time of arrival had her and Chad waiting on the door step as we pulled in. Paul jumped out, I jumped into the driver's seat and Charity and Chad climed in and we took off--and just so got Charity to her class on time . . . so all was well that ended well . . . but yes . . that is our latest adoption journey adventure!!

Don't forget--we are fundraising like crazy for Katya!!! Thanks for helping!!!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi - I'm interested in the green skirt (or another t-shirt skirt). I'm adopting a toddler from Ethiopia and even though she's a tiny peanut she'll fit into it some day! I don't understand the PayPal thing, so if you could explain it to me (or I could send a check...). Thanks,

Rachel Kreger
rachel.kreger@gmail.com

Hope Anne said...

Rachel, I sent you an email. Thanks for your interest in the skirt! I will put a pending sale on it! ;-) God bless!

Rachel said...

Hi - I didn't get an e-mail yet. But I'd love to buy the skirt!

rachel.kreger@gmail.com

Hope Anne said...

Hi, Rachel! I wonder what happened to the email?! I will send it again--please check your spam folder just in case it went there . . . I really want to sell you the skirt too, so hopefully we can get it figured out. What I was saying in the email was that if you don't already have a PayPal acct, you sending me a personal check or money order would be the easiest way, and that if you wanted to do that I would give you an address to send it to.