"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Thursday, January 13, 2011

So MANY EXCITING THINGS

So very many exciting things have happend in the last 24 hours that I'm not being able to keep up blogging about them!!

First of all . . . BIG PRAISE AND SHOUT OUT TO GOD--we have Todd's fingerprint appointment letter IN HAND now and he can go with us on the 21st for fingerprinting! Thank you to those who have prayed--and thank you to Officer L. who got right on the ball when I finally got through to a live person yesterday!! I now am in posession of all her contact info so I'm good if there are any more issues!

We also had a couple of big surprises yesterday!!

First of all, a very special couple who has been praying and caring about Katya for a long time already, and who helped us be able to do the Little Loaves and Fishes trip with the Doctors to her orphanage in 2009 stepped forward with a great idea! The Mr. got permission from his place of work to do a "Jean's Day for Katya" the last week in March! People will donate to Katya's Reece's Rainbow grant fund in exchange for being able to wear casual wear to work that day! How very, very cool is that?! I am told that when this particular company does that, they normally raise between $500-$800 for whatever non-profit they are raising funds for! Wouldn't it be totally cool if that much gets raised for Katya?!

Secondly, Lauren started a NEW BLOG to raise funds for Katya, and YOU have a chance to receive a scarf as a thank you gift for a $5.00 or more donation to Katya's fund. Leave a comment on their blog after you donate so she knows to enter you in the drawing! Lauren's account of how God moved on her heart after she saw Katya's picture, and the words God spoke to her about Katya moved me deeply. " When I first saw this picture and read her story, the only thoughts that filled my head were like someone shouting, "God created this little girl to live and touch other lives- she is not meant to die!    Amen!!! And Amen!!!! I don't know what all God's purposes are for Katya . . . but I KNOW she wants a Mommy to love her and kiss her. I will share with all of you sometime soon the story of my last kisses to her back in Sept of 2009. Can't wait to get back and give her some more! And with the help of so many of you, that is becoming a reality!! Katya, Hang on--We are Coming Soon!

2 comments:

The imPerfect Housewife said...

I'm so excited right along with you!!

Milena said...

Such exciting news! Wonderful!