"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Friday, December 31, 2010

Winter Teacup Pincushion

In case you want to see some snaps of the creative process . . . . I will share these of Charity, hard at work on a teacup pincushion soon to make it's appearance on this blog.



I frankly could NOT do this without the support and help of all my family, but an especially large chunk of this crafting falls on Charity. Always blessed with an obvious talent for crafting from the time she was a wee little girl, Paul and I often marveled that as un-creative as we felt, that a child of ours could be so creative! I would have to say that my creative abilities HAVE developed some over the last few years, but I still depend on Charity. She seems to have the talent to do amazing things with whatever she sets her hands and mind to. We make a good team--she calls me the "Visionary" because she has a harder time seeing how something could look in her mind's eye--but she has the talents to get what I describe to her into existence. And she can do that MUCH better than I can. We are thanking God for the various gifts He has given us and how we can work together to accomplish what God has called us to do--to save a life--Katya's life!

And now, on to the "Winter Teacup Pincushion".






Isn't that little red cardinal just the sweetest touch? I think so--and that was Charity's idea!



Comes complete with hand-beaded pins as shown.


Made with all new materials, except for the teacup and saucer, in our non-smoking home. Made carefully, and intended to be a "one of a kind" item.
Asking $18.00 plus $5.00 shipping if purchased as shown. If you don't wish to purchase the pins, then the price is $3.00 less. We accept PAYPAL or personal checks (after they clear) and ship promptly, weather and health allowing!

No comments: