"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Soon . . .

I hope that soon the camera battery will be recharged. Then I will share some photos of our projects that we have been working feverishly on for the Craft Bazaar which starts tomorrow. PLEASE be in prayer for the people to come and BUY with a willing heart. I am asking God for at least $300.  My children were telling me the other day that it was totally stretching for me to think that we could raise that much money. On and on their comments went. Now, I love my children dearly . . . and often they have been very supportive and encouraging. But not that day.

I was weary, stressed--and hanging on to my faith with what felt like fragile threads. I finally had to just be blunt with them and tell them that Satan was working hard enough to discourage me--I didn't need them to be his spokesmen yet too! They looked a bit shocked (poor things) and then snapped their mouths SHUT!

Last night after working much of the day with fleece I was pretty miserable. The fibers or something from the fleece aggravate m allergies horribly and my throat HURT, my ear HURT, and I felt generally miserable. I didn't get a lot of sleep due to that  . . . thankfully NOT ONE SOUL has told me so far on this adoption that we are "taking the easy way out". Maybe I got them all educated last time?! Because I'm warning you . . . that's NOT a good thing to say to me right now. We are working HARD on so many different areas trying to pull this adoption off, and are being assailed with road blocks, health problems and what not at every turn. Don't try to tell me that this is the easy way out. Or I shall have a hard time keeping my mouth shut . . . I'm normally pretty polite and try hard to be gentle, and I shall try to be so if you dare remark such to me . . . but you have been warned. ;-)

There is a online friend of mine who has been diligently trying to raise the money for an "Angel Tree" child from Reece's Rainbow. I felt strongly that I was to make a donation for her child the other day. I struggled just briefly for a minute or so, because Dh's work has been thin right now, plus fundraising is going painfully slow. But I felt sure I was hearing God to tell me to go ahead and trust Him. So I made my small donation, sad that it couldn't be more.

Today God sent the exact same amount of money back to us for our adoption account!! Someone slipped my hubby a bill and said they'd been reading on FB about our fundraising, and they wanted to help. I was again blessed by God's sense of humor . . . and reminded that HE KNOWS Katya is waiting for us. HE KNOWS we need the funds for her . . . and HE KNOWS exactly when and where and how they will be provided. I don't know all that yet . . . I need to keep on trusting Him and wait and see HOW and WHEN and from WHERE He will provide the funds. Because He will. I'm sure of that!

Please be in prayer for us as we continue to craft . . . as well as praying for God to provide the people with the ability and desire to buy to show up tomorrow and Saturday! Thank you . . .

No comments: