"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Thursday, December 30, 2010

FOR SALE--Sweet Roses Teacup Pincushion and Beaded Pins

A week or two ago, I went to the thrift store, praying that God would direct me to items I could use to help raise funds to bring Katya home. Imagine my surprise to find a whole box full of NOTHING but the Gibson Rose teacups and saucers! I stood--stared--and pondered. Did I dare risk bringing that whole box full home? Would they sell if Charity and I turned them into tea cup pincushions?? I finally decided to step out in faith and bring them home--all 15 of them!

Tonight Charity and I had the pleasure of producing the following set. Given that I'm a pink roses sort of person, it truly made me happy to work with this beauty!



So dainty and unique!





The pricing is $18.00 plus $5.00 shipping and handling. Made in our non-smoking home of all new materials EXCEPT for the cup and saucer.

Don't you think we are going to have fun making 15 of these in 15 different ways?! I think so!!
Please help spread the word about the items going up for sale--we are working as HARD AS WE CAN to raise the funds we need to BRING KATYA HOME to give her the love and attention and medical care she needs so urgently!

2 comments:

travcat said...

I just looked at all your family photos. Your kids are adorable! Is your daughter the one who the people in Russia thought was mentally retarded! How awful. Thank God you got her!

You should sent Katya's pictures to Dr. Fearon and see what he thinks.

Catherine
http://wronginalltherightways-travcat.blogspot.com/

Hope Anne said...

Who is Dr. Fearon and how would we contact him?

And yes, our Dd Kristina is adopted from Russia. ;-)

God bless-thanks for stopping in!