"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Matter of Urgent Prayer

I've been debating the best way to share the urgent prayer request that our family has had for the last week or so as it concerns Katya's adoption. I couldn't come up with a good way--what good way is there when someone who you care so deeply about is at risk of losing their one chance for a family?

An online friend, Julia, who I very much respect and admire, has done it for me. I don't need now to sit here with tears streaming, fighting to hammer out a post that will convey the urgent need. You can go read Julia's post. We are one of those 70 families mentioned in the post. Pray for the kids. Pray for the families in progress, that the funds will come in quickly, that the paperwork will fall together fast . . . And is it selfish to ask you to pray specifically for Katya? No? I didn't think so. Thank you!

2 comments:

Teacher Girl said...

Reading about this everywhere... please Lord, do not let this be signed into law. Katya and the hundreds of other children who will be affected NEED for this to NOT happen!!

Kayla
http://bebrandnew.blogspot.com

The Annessa Family said...

Praying for your family and your sweet girl!

Brooke
www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com