"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Sunday, November 14, 2010

I Know I Said . . .

I know I said that we weren't going to be buying Katya a lot of clothing ahead of time. Far too much is uncertain in the world of international adoption--and esp. so right now with Katya's country.

But yesterday Charity and I stopped in at a store after her violin lesson to look for a skirt for Charity (big fat fail) and Charity spotted something on a sale rack that she thought HAD to come home with us for Katya.

I took a good hard look and got all teary-eyed, and we dug through several racks till we found the largest size they had--a 8. And it came home with us.


Isn't that the sweetest outfit ever for a little blue-eyed, blond haired miss?!  Charity says that she always thinks of pink as being Katya's favorite color, because by far the best picture we have ever seen of her is the one that is of her in the pink dress--the photo I took when I was at her orphanage on a medical missions trip in Sept. of '09.



In reality, maybe Katya doesn't like pink at all . . . Who really knows?? I guess that is one of the many MYSTERIES we will get to discover when KATYA GETS HOME!

We need help to GET KATYA HOME! Please don't forget to check out the tab at the top of the blog which will take you to our Pampered Chef fundraiser!

We don't have a lot of time any more. We are PRAYING AND HOPING to be able to submit our documents as fast as possible. If we can go by the "normal" time-frame, we could be traveling as soon as March. That's not a lot of time to finish raising the funds we need, esp. over the holidays. Your prayers about that are appreciated, as is your help in spreading the news about our blog. Time is of an essence for Katya. she needs to get HOME so we can start addressing whatever the issues are behind her head deformity, and her lack of speech. (I hope to devote a later blog post to that whole issue.)

4 comments:

Teacher Girl said...

Praying!!!

Kayla
http://bebrandnew.blogspot.com

Monica @The Mennobrarian said...

She looks beautiful in the color pink. That outfit looks like it would be perfect for her. I sense the urgency in getting her home, and feel it so much. But she's going to get here, i just know it!

Dana said...

I think pink IS definitely her color! She will look beautiful in that pink dress! She will be home before you know it!!!!! She is such a special little girl!

Amy said...

Oh, the snowman is so cute! And yes, pink is most certaintly her color. I kind of just remembered that she's going to be your first blonde-blue girl...Charity and Kristina both have brown hair and brown eyes. :)