"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Monday, November 29, 2010

Getting Ready for the Craft Bazaar


Charity and I have been digging out fabrics and other items from our stash, scratching our heads, running our tongues, and generally trying to figure things out for the items we want to make to take to the craft bazaar. I feel like God has been helping us--and Satan is surely doing his evil old best again to hinder!! Among other things like the scissors all going rapidly DULL and springs about wearing out cutting fleece, our local JoAnn's being shut over the weekend due to a death happening inside the store, not being able to get all the items I needed to purchase at a neighboring town's store and so forth, Charity came down ill with the flu, and Chad and Kristina followed in rapid pursuit. Now, I depend on Charity heavily for the projects we have planned, and I needed to be full of energy and rested to tackle it all. Instead I have been up nursing stuffy, miserable children and doling out repeated cups of warm tea.

We are way behind where we should be. We have only till Friday to work on these items, and we have other responsiblities and commitments taking up time this week too!

I know I'm always asking you to pray for us it seems; may I ask again?? Folks, we knew before we committed to working to bring Katya home that it would be a huge and fierce battle, more than likely. We have defintiely, definitely seen that. There is far more going on than what I can or should share publicly so much of the time . . . just believe me when I say that our family has been almost under constant attack since agreeing to become Katya's family.  We are NOT discouraged!!! Indeed, the more the enemy fights us, the more sure I am that we are doing exactly what God wants . . . otherwise, why would we be in the evil one's gun sights?! We are not wrestling against flesh and blood, but principalities and powers. And GOD will win. Amen!

We will press onward in God's strength . . .

My sweet daughter's hands knotting a fleece pillow cover.



The finished product . . . ready for sale on Friday!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Best of luck to you. I know how you feel. God Bless

Monica @The Mennobrarian said...

You're too late to ask me to pray. I'm already doing it! :-)