"We are going to focus on LIFE for Katya. I believe, one day, she will amaze the world."

Dr. Ben Carson on Katya Dueck

Sunday, November 7, 2010

All I Really Want for Christmas

Having started reading the book, "Choosing to SEE" by Mary Beth Chapman last night (thanks, Library, for having it!) I was interested to see one of my Facebook friends post a song I'd not heard of before by Steven Curtis Chapman on her FB tonight. Now, I don't try to keep up with all of his songs, so it's not totally surprising that I didn't recognize it, I suppose. However, I do tend to sort of keep an eye and ear on his adoption related songs, so it surprised me just a trifle that I hadn't even HEARD of it before.

I'm warning you, if you haven't heard it before either, like yours truly, get out your tissues. Because you will need them.



God willing, by next Christmas, Katya will be HOME with what she most wants--a family. We are not a financially rich family by many people's standards, (although we have enough!), but I think we are rich in what counts by God's standards--God's LOVE for her. Laughter. And full of passion for supporting our kids in their journey growing into the people God has planned for them to be.

1 comment:

Teacher Girl said...

I pray Katya will be home with her family for Christmas this year!

Kayla
http://bebrandnew.blogspot.com/